1:00 pm — 3:00 pm
Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center
9603 Woods Drive
Skokie, IL 60077
*Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow time through security. The tour will start promptly at 1pm.
Join NCJW for a docent-led tour of the new exhibit Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a vibrant showcase of Justice Ginsburg’s life and her numerous, often-simultaneous roles as a student, wife, mother, lawyer, judge, women’s rights pioneer, and internet phenomenon. The exhibition tells Ginsburg’s story using a dynamic array of gallery interactives, listening stations, archival photographs and documents, historical artifacts, and contemporary art. A private discussion will follow the tour.
We have reached capacity for this program. Walk-ins will not be admitted. The exhibit will be at the Illinois Holocaust Museum through August 16, 2020.
- A robe and jabot from RBG’s Supreme Court wardrobe.
- Home videos of RBG with her husband, Martin “Marty” Ginsburg, on their honeymoon and in the early years of their marriage.
- The official portraits of RBG and Sandra Day O’Connor, the first two women to serve on the Supreme Court, on loan from the National Portrait Gallery.
- 3D re-imaginations of key places in RBG’s life, including:Her childhood Brooklyn apartment, where visitors can flip through the Nancy Drew books Ruth Bader loved as a girl, among other items, and get a feel for her Jewish upbringing
- The kitchen in RBG and Marty’s home, featuring some of Marty’s favorite recipes and cooking utensils
- The Supreme Court bench, where visitors can dress up in a robe and jabot and imagine making their own opinions heard
- The desk in her chambers, where visitors can view the 2018–2019 Supreme Court calendar and grasp cases to be decided in the current term.