- Blueberries – 1 cup + a few for garnishing
- Fresh lime juice -¼ cup (about 1-1/2 – 2 limes)
- Sugar -2 teaspoons or adjust to taste
- Fresh mint leaves – 8-10 + a few more for garnish
- Club Soda or Sparkling Water – ½ cup
- Crushed Ice
- Add blueberries and mint to a cocktail shaker and use a muddler or the back of a spoon to crush the berries. Add sugar and use the muddler to combine.
- Add lime juice to the shaker and give it a few good shakes to combine.
- If you want to decorate glasses, moisten the rim of glasses with the lime and turn the glass upside down and dip it in sugar.
- Add crushed ice to two glasses and pour half of the blueberry mixture into each glass.
- Top off each glass with club soda or sparkling water and mix gently.
- Garnish and Enjoy!
Perfect Sugar Cookie
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375° Line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper and then, in a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Set that aside.
- In the bowl of a large stand mixture and with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter oil in both sugars and a medium to high speed until that becomes light and fluffy, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Reduce the speed and add the eggs one at a time mixing only until it’s combined then add the vanilla. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour in large spoonfuls until fully incorporated in a nice fluffy dough is formed.
- Drop balls of dough approximately a tablespoon full each onto the baking sheet and spacing apart by a couple of inches. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes only, just until the edges begin to darken. Transfer the sheets of parchment paper directly to the counter and let them cool there before trying to remove them.