NCJW CNS will be collecting items for Mother’s Day Baskets to provide to women and children in Domestic and Homeless Shelters. Donated items must be NEW!
- A drive-thru donation event will follow the in-person event taking place from 12:30-2:00 PM.
- Personal hygiene and grooming items: soap, shampoo, conditioner,
deodorant, tooth paste, tooth brushes, lotion, cosmetics and cosmetic
bags, nail polish and nail accessories, hair accessories, and more.
- Adult and kids, puzzles, books, and small games.
- Hats, scarves, socks, flip-flops, and fleece blankets.
Additional Details on 2023’s Event Below:
**Note: These additional activities are intended for those with younger children/grandchildren:
Mayor Nancy Rotering proclaimed Monday, January 16, 2023, as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
. This annual event serves as an opportunity for all to come together in celebration of Dr. King’s legacy through service to others.
- It will be the first in-person Day of Service since 2020 and will take place on Monday, January 16, from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM at the Recreation Center of Highland Park.
- This year’s event will feature a keynote address titled “Unity in the Community” by Gabrielle Cummings, President of NorthShore Highland Park Hospital, and a dance performance by Deeply Rooted Dance Theater.
- Guests will be invited to participate in a wide variety of service projects, including making valentines for veterans, bookmarks for books, dignity bags for women in shelters, and more.
- Event details, a list of requested donations, and other items will be posted at cityhpil.com/mlk as more information becomes available.
- This event is presented by the City’s Human Relations Advisory Group and the Park District of Highland Park.