7:30 pm — 8:00 pm
We were so disappointed to postpone our screening of Period. End of Sentence along with the amazing discussion we had planned. We hope to get that back on the Northbrook Library’s calendar as soon as possible. In the meanwhile, we wanted to offer you a way to view the film while we wait for a new date for the program.
In a rural village outside Delhi, India, women lead a quiet revolution. They fight against the deeply rooted stigma of menstruation. Period. End of Sentence.- a documentary short directed by Rayka Zehtabchi- tells their story. For generations, these women didn’t have access to pads, which led to health problems and girls missing school or dropping out entirely. But when a sanitary pad machine is installed in the village, the women learn to manufacture and market their own pads, empowering the women of their community. They name their brand, “FLY,” because they want women “to soar.”
As millions around the world continue to practice social distancing, per CDC guidelines we can use a new feature called Netflix Party to come together and watch the film at the same time and “chat” together as we watch!
How can I join the party?
- You must have a Netflix Account (for those who don’t, we will be screening this film as soon as we are able to).
- Visit https://www.netflixparty.com for download and installation instructions.
- Click here to RSVP for the watch party!
- Watch your email (or our Facebook Page) on March 30 at 5pm for the party link
- Click on the email link and then clip on the “NP” Icon on the top right of the screen