JCAST Chicago Goals:
Goal 1: Expand sex trafficking awareness and knowledge
- Educate Chicago’s Jewish, legal, and secular communities on sex trafficking, thereby strengthening the #MeToo movement and preventing other forms of gender-based violence.
- Expand awareness programming in synagogues and collaborate to reach interfaith audiences throughout Chicagoland area.
- Provide resources to parents: (1) replicate parenting programs piloted in 2018 – Let’s Talk About Girls: Sexuality, Consent in the #MeToo and Internet Age and Let’s Talk About Boys: Sexuality in the #MeToo and Internet Age in synagogues and secular venues including libraries.
Goal 2: Increase engagement in preventing sex trafficking efforts
- Grow partnership with Response Center and Shalva, educating staff on the spectrum of gender-based violence in the Jewish community.
- Expand partnership with legal professionals through partnerships with Bar Associations and Law Schools.
- Explore additional opportunities for JCAST and other Jewish volunteers to build services and resources for survivors through expanded collaboration with Selah Freedom, Traffick Free Drop-In Shelter, and others.
- Diversify the movement by developing new volunteer opportunities for youth and Millennials.
Goal 3: Improve public policies to end sex trafficking
- Collaborate with advocacy organizations, local government leaders, and houses of worship to expand laws to prevent sex trafficking activities including massage parlor regulations and safe harbor laws.
- Provide municipalities with model ordinance(s) and campaigns from other cities.
- Collaborate with women’s groups, houses of worship and direct service organizations to expand sex trafficking prevention movement.
- Expand current list-serve of over 850 and increase social media activity.