UPCOMING DATES: October 30, 2022
Stay tuned for Registration in the Fall.
Luggage for Freedom is an initiative of NCJW Chicago North Shore Section. Its goal is to provide a sense of dignity to women who are staying at and transitioning out of domestic violence and homeless shelters, by giving them a suitcase packed with some personal and household items.
Luggage for Freedom provides gently used luggage packed with new towels, new sheets, and new toiletries to women leaving local domestic violence shelters to start their lives anew. We also provide backpacks filled with books and stuffed animals for children. We pack approximately 200 suitcases and 100 backpacks. They are delivered to 9 local shelters. Luggage for Freedom has an incredible ability to directly impact women and children in a positive way, at a time when they are most vulnerable.
Ways to Participate:
- To make a monetary donation to Luggage for Freedom, click here
- Select Luggage for Freedom from the drop down menu.
- To Purchase or Donate Items:
- Purchase items from our Amazon Wish List by using this link: https://a.co/9MKPSkp
- Donate gently used luggage, unopened toiletries (small sizes preferred), new towels and new linens.
- We have collection sites in Highland Park and Deerfield. Please note that our Northbrook office address is actually just a “virtual office”. We are unable to accept item donations at that address.
- Create dignity bags and fleece blankets to use at our next packing day.
Email [email protected] to learn more and to receive donation locations